Photographer: Jean Longpré
Les Touilleurs, founded in 2002, is more than a regular retail store. In addition to having a large variety of quality kitchen tools and a qualified staff to help customers make the best choice, the store in itself is a work of art where each item is presented at its best. Without losing anything of the warmth and cosiness that makes the space so welcoming, Les Touilleurs also has something of the look of an art gallery.
We determine our inventory based on what we consider to be the best products, carefully narrowing the selection without depriving the customer. It is important for us to offer products from Quebec and around the world, products that must not only meet high standards in the quality of manufacture, but also in the quality of design.
Les Touilleurs pushes the culinary experience to a higher level by offering Chefs’ Workshops in the kitchen, fitted in the shop, by the great chefs of Montreal and elsewhere, three evenings a week and with Gourmet Trips offered periodically around the "gastronomic world."
- 2016 - Les Touilleurs now offers a knives maintenance service in association with a professional in knives sharpening on Japanese wet stone.
- 2013 - Official opening of Les Touilleurs - The Online Store.
- 2012 - Les Touilleurs celebrates its 10th anniversary and published for the occasion the cookbook Les Touilleurs - techniques gourmandes.
- 2010-2011-2012 - Broadcasting of Les Touilleurs on ARTV, a tv magazine celebrating the culture of the table and everything that surrounds it.
- 2009 - 2009 GIA Global Honoree Award, Global Inovator Award, honouring Les Touilleurs as one of the five best concepts in the world.
- 2009 - 2009 GIA Canada Award, allowing Les Touilleurs to represent Canada at the International Global Award (GIA) in Homestyle category.
- 2008 - Begining of Gourmet Trips as first destination: Bretagne, France. New York, Chicago, Vietnam and the Spanish Basque Country were then added to the growing list of offered destinations.
- 2005 - Expansion of the store, opening of the kitchen and firsts Chefs' Workshops are offered.
- 2004Retailer of the Year Award by The Canadian Gift & Tableware Association (CGTA)
- Grand prize 2003, Commerce Design Montreal
- 2002 - Opening of Les Touilleurs.